Are you looking for the best solution to your air quality concerns? Champion AC & Plumbing is proud to offer the Air Scrubber Plus as a solution for cleaner air in your home. There are several amazing benefits you can receive by installing this purification system, and our team is here to answer any questions you have! We even have some fun facts to top it off!
Top Air Scrubber Questions Answered
1. Are Air Scrubbers and Air Purifiers The Same Thing?
If you’re on the hunt for effective air quality solutions, you’ll likely come across these terms. Purifiers and scrubbers are NOT the same things, but they are similar. Purifiers are designed around a filter that traps and removes particles from the air as it filters through the HVAC system.
Air scrubbers use UV light and a catalytic process to not only target and kill bacteria and viruses as they run through the system, but also to release the same protection into your home. This means that countertops and doorknobs can see a reduction in bacteria or viruses as well, keeping your family more protected.
2. Are Air Scrubbers Really Effective?
While it’s impossible to guarantee 100% air health, air scrubbers can get pretty close to total elimination. They can kill up to 90% of airborne microorganisms and 99% of surface microorganisms. This level of protection can go a long way to reducing allergy symptoms, respiratory flare-ups and the spread of viruses or bacteria.
3. Do Air Scrubbers Fight Bad Smells?
During the process of scrubbing the air for pollutants, the air scrubber will also handle any particles carrying smells throughout your home. This includes things like pet smells, paint fumes, smoke, mold and even cooking odors!
4. Do Air Scrubbers Use/Produce Ozone?
While some air scrubs do use a small amount of ozone during their scrubbing process, the levels are always well below the EPA exposure limits and have been determined safe for your home.
5. Do Air Scrubbers Use A Lot Of Energy?
If you’re worried that an air scrubber will cause your utility bill to skyrocket, stop panicking! Air scrubbers use less than 20 watts of power – in other words, one-third of the power a light bulb uses!
Fun Facts About Air Scrubbers
- The Air Scrubber Plus was originally developed by NASA to be used on the International Space Station! That means it uses the most advanced technology on the market.
- The Air Scrubber Plus is 50 times more powerful than regular HVAC filtration.
- The Air Scrubber Plus has been proven to be effective against Swine Flu (H1N1), Avian Bird Flu (H5N8), Hepatitis A (HAV) and MS2 bacteriophage.
- Both portable and whole-home, duct-mounted air scrubbers are available.
Need More Air Scrubber Advice?
Are you ready to install the ultimate protection against airborne dangers? Or maybe you have more questions that need to be answered? Either way, our team at Champion AC & Plumbing is more than happy to help. Our expert HVAC contractors are dedicated to providing the cleanest air for your home – plus some peace of mind! Contact us today for more air quality information!